My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Just Some Thoughts Today 4/12/2013

I recently lamented to th' hubs that when I used to work—full time—in California I was able to do this on Saturday: wash clothes, vacuum, dust, mop, grocery shop, have dinner on the table for the 4 of us and have all the clothes put away in that one day. Now, it takes me 3-4 days just to do the laundry. He, sarcastically, said, "That's because you let it sit in the dryer for days." Smart..." Well, you know what I'm saying. He's right of course. I'm just not as young as I used to be. ;-)
*

If you lived in San Diego in the 60s as we did, you might remember Chicken Delight. I don't think they exist in most areas of the U.S. anymore but I absolutely loved their food, plus they delivered, which for a stay-at-home mom at that time was a Godsend! They delivered the food to your home on plates at no extra cost. I usually ordered the fish because I just love fish. It was so convenient and good I can't figure out why they now exist only in Canada.
*


As I've said many times before, I read. A LOT! Recently, I found a few new authors with action-packed stories. I love them!!!! What some of those heroes can do in 24 hours is astounding. Kill killer whales about to eat their friends, have a hover craft race to get away from the bad guys (this alone was about 30 pages long!), fall over an ice cliff, get to an iceberg, discover an old U.S. station there and get back to the mainland, in this case Antarctica, rescue multiple of their comrades, kill multiple of the enemy, swim through the Antarctica water to rescue multiple people, and SURVIVE! It was the most thrilling adventure book I've ever read.
*

I also read a book about a rich young man in a private school trying to impress his father. It was really a sweet book. But the thing that struck me is that when his mother died, life went on as they had a maid/housekeeper to keep things going. So there were no disruptions in his life as most people losing a mother would have. They still got their meals at dinner, wash was done, beds were made, etc. He realized he didn't have the concept of how life would go on after his mother died as a school mate did when his mother died. Life went on as usual. Thought provoking.
*


I simply loved this photo enough to show you.


And this peaceful deck looks like a nice place to sit.


Do I even have to tell you how much I like this settee? Hmmmm? ;-)


And this little vignette is adorable. Looks like it could be a store.


A beautiful pillow on a beautiful chair.


Now this is a flea market but I'd go camping...maybe...if I had this. Maybe!


The most gorgeous ceiling I've ever seen.


Isn't this cute for soap? I wonder where you would find these little wire holders.


Gorgeous roses.


My dishes drying never look this cute.


Yum!


Isn't this clever as a light?


Just pretty pillows for you to view.


Gorgeous box with roses.


This looks like a crown swap. It's absolutely stunning to me.
*

Tidbit:
Accident-prone Orlando Bloom has broken his skull three times, both legs, a finger, a toe, a rib, an arm, a wrist, his nose, and his back.
~*~
Linking up with Dedicated House.
and also Create with Joy

13 comments:

  1. Blue and white check ribbon....so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie..you always have the most fabulous photos EVER!!! I just want to jump into that camper while wearing that crown!! Maybe that vintage settee is in there so I can sit and eat one of those cupcakes!!!!
    Have a great weekend and Happy Pink Saturday too!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh! I so agree with Tami! You post the best pictures. I always look over them more than once to take it all in!

    It is wonderful to look at lovely things!

    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your pictures, but most of all your thoughts, I truly enjoy hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie! Lovely photos, especially love the wire soap holder, the pink crown, and that blue and white checked ribbon! And I so want one of those yummy looking cupcakes!! :) Happy Pink Saturday! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    so much candy
    I like the tin bench
    I have a old tin rushed bed frame going to try this summer to make one Kind of like it
    You always have great pic.
    Happy PS hope your week is fun.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Connie,
    You know, thank goodness you can just put the dryer on again for a few minutes and your stuff is all fluffy and warm as though they were just dried for the first time!! Life if good ;)
    Happy Pink Saturday pretty lady!
    Hugs, Nerina xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always get great eye-candy here. If anyone is a Pinterest Person and not following you, they really should! I always ad to my boards here!
    Thanks. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Connie...love your images, as usual...that big blue bow nearly took my breath away.
    HPS
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos you've shared - found quite a few favorites!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    And, I know what you mean about the housekeeping details and the laundry.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's true that we do slow down as we get older and just can't seem to fit as many things into a day as we used to. Do you track your books on Shelfari or Goodreads? I'd love to see your list and your recommendations. Love all the photos and now I think I need to start a hunt for a soap dish like that!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so much fun and also your thoughts are always sweet! I was looking at wire soap holders but $57 is a little out of my price range! LOL! The one you show here is really cute though!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, I can't imagine just having things go on as usual when the young man in the story lost his mom. I lost mine about 2 1/2 years ago and I still feel like my world has fallen apart and I am definitely not a young person. (just turned 45) On one hand, he still had things he could count on but on the other he did lose his mom and no one can really replace a mom.

    I love when you pounder things. They make me think as well. now, back to the pictures I skipped so I could comment about the story.

    heather

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.